Parshall Resource Center - "Empowering people through recovery and beyond"
RSS

Recovery
Recovery Celebrity Nominations
Wellness Day
powered by

My Blog

Check This Out!!

Just so excited to be here! I hope this finds you and your family happy and healthy! We have so much to learn in order to use our new website to its full potential. Seems like no matter what we do there is always a learning curve for us... Today was a real scorcher! A triple digit day that was a bit rough on the community garden. In fact Dr. White Plume from Horse Power called and had to cancel Equine Therapy today due to the heat. Some other things going on at the PRC...
1.1. We added a donation page to the website. Very soon we will be adding a Pay Pal as well.

2. We have had a couple of inquires concerning current employment opportunities.

3. We have our regularly scheduled Monthly PRC BOD Meeting next Wednesday at 6pm. By the looks of things out in the garden, we may be able to have some fried green tomatoes ready by then. Kim our Consultant is scheduled to be here to help with some strategic planning.

4. We do have some fresh produce ready for the Farmers Market... beets and rainbow swiss Chard. Working to schedule a group activity to go and get some extra sweet corn to dry.

5. FYI: MARK YOUR LITTLE BIG BOOK!! The District 2 Alcoholic's Anonymous Fun Day and Picnic will be on the 11th of August at Radio City Park in Minot. If you can make there will be food, felloship Dave will be the guest speaker for the day. For more information call Jessie at 701-240-8537.r

6. The PRC Elcamino fund is sitting at $180.00 thus far. We are trying to get a project car for some of our Therapeutic Community Service Projects. While we do have a program vehicle van to get our group out to support group meetings and follow up appointments we need something to haul our stuff around (boxes, boards and produce).

7. Soon I hope to include some recovery topics in here... Also I am hoping to keep in touch with some of our PRC Alumni. See you soon!!!

I hope everyone had a chance to experience the North Dakota State Fair last week! It was good to see so many people survive last years flood! It was good to see and hear so many children having fun!! Take care keep feeling, dealing and healing!!!
y soon we will be adding a pay
ost here.

19 Comments to Check This Out!!:

Comments RSS
Karmon on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:02 PM
With everything so busy here on Fort Berthold I just wanted to say buckle up! Take care of yourself and your family. Try to allow time for the traffic and road construction. DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE!! Get a designated driver and get home safe! On another note... we will be planning for our 20 year PRC Bash for next summer. It would be good to see all of you there. Over the years I have been blessed to meet so many wonderful people. I can not reflect without saying THANK YOU!!! Jerry Irwin, Craig Elton, Kim Wood, Judith Coffey and Eric Smith all carried the ball along the way. Thanks to all of our PRC Staff that have sacrificed and contributed so much to get us where we are today.

Karmon on Thursday, August 02, 2012 7:19 AM
FYI: September is National Recovery Month. There is a solicitation out from the North Dakota Department of Health ; Division of Substance Abuse/ Mental Health for a $500 to assist in sponsorship of a Recovery Event. Entities interested in applying for the funding should contact Dawn Pearson, program administrator for the division at dpearson@nd.gov, 701-328-8920 or ND Relay TTY 800-366-6888.

Karmon on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:47 PM
FYI: We put a Public Service Announcement concerning the September 13th Recovery Event on KMHA Radio today. If you get a chance check it out and let us know what you think!

hitches on Friday, November 23, 2012 5:41 AM
It's really great that you people are running some Therapeutic Community Service Projects. This really helps needed people and children by providing them food and clothes

Karmon on Friday, August 10, 2012 2:18 PM
Just wanted to share a bit about the day. In a fair world we would not experience so many health care disparities. In a fair world our young people and families would not experience so much loss and generational/historical trauma. In a fair world the sick would get health care they need. Those in poverty would have enough opportunity to find functional happiness... In a perfect world I would not have so many genetic and character flaws! Fact is the world isn't perfect or fair!!! Being in recovery means living life on life's terms. When it rains it falls on all of us the good, the bad and the ugly... Everyday it seems we hear about some chaos, tragedy, conflict or dictatorship. We have innocent children get cancer, get crippled or killed in motor vehicle accidents. Yet every day I can attest to miracles! Everyday we need to show up for our own life!!! We need to show up and celebrate our victories and not drag our hearts spirits around on the ground. Everyday we bear witness to to the beauty of life. To touch it, taste it, hear it, smell it, see and experience it is a true blessing! Today is a good day! I am glad to share part of it with you....Have to go check a batch of garden fresh zuchinni bread in the oven YUMMY!! Godspeed!

Karmon on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:43 AM
The nominations are coming in thus far there are 25. Working on getting some door prizes and finding some help to cook the hot wings for the contest on the 13th of September!

Karmon on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:17 PM
Was thinking we may have been better to include a chili and frybread contest for National Recovery Month... Need Feed Back is it too late now? Hmm just wondering. What do you think?

Karmon on Friday, August 31, 2012 6:30 PM
Today capped off a busy week at the PRC!. Been drying corn and harvesting some fresh produce from the PRC Garden. Yesterday our group picked corn and potatoes at the FBCC Community Garden Land Lab. Thanks Randy!! We brought it back to Lucky Mound to be distributed at the "Red Hall". So if you are an elder and or community member and need some fresh produce bring your own bag or box and enjoy!! This morning we went to the Four Bears Marina to support Mark Fox and the Red Sage Organization. I think Mr. Fox swam 7 round trips for a total of 12 miles!! Wow! Just thinking about how rugged that wind was getting made me wonder if I would have been floating halfway accross even once through those white caps. Visited with the reporter there and siad I didn' know if that was because Mark was in such good shape or just because he was a stubborn Ex-Marine. Some where in that is the truth.. Just want to thank Mark for doing that and bringing people together in a good way. Enjoyed Famous Tom's Brisket (TDH) YUMMY!!!

Pichaynia on Monday, October 01, 2012 2:00 AM
Yeah, everyone had a chance to experience the North Dakota State Fair and you will be glad to know that I was able to enjoyed that fair pretty much. Thanks for this heads-up.

Louise Hammerson on Monday, October 01, 2012 6:13 AM
Exactly! I also think that it is the best moment to see the kids' happy faces because it makes us happy, too. I love kids and try to do something to make them laugh (even at me!) and I do it more when I feel gloomy. Thanks for a nice written up.

silvia on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:31 AM
Nicely described so many important points of last few days of the month! Though I didn't get the chance of being a part of 'North Dakota State Fair' but checking out your writing I'm pleased enough as because it's full of hope and wishes for a better future. Thanks for a nice deliberation.

Addison Hector on Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:09 AM
Very awesome idea! I just pleased to come this blog and already impressed to read this article fully. I was looking forward to know about this entry. Thanks the head up! :lol:

Marty Finex on Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:52 AM
Very informative blog! I checked out others posts of this site and really enjoyed by exciting words selection. Now I'm looking forward the recovery posts and hopefully lots of visitors will visit around in the mean time. Thanks

Anonymous on Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:36 AM
North Dakota State Fair was pretty superb to enjoy and I'm that lucky person who was able to enjoyed that fair pretty effective and learned a lot of valuable points about trading. Thanks

Jordan Goldberg on Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:42 AM
Thanks Karmon for choosing a wonderful topic for your website. I hope after adding the donation page it'll be developed more than previous. I'm waiting to see the reflection of the Pay Pal. Hope it'll be nice, too. Carry on...

hitches on Friday, November 23, 2012 5:27 AM
it's really great that you people are running some Therapeutic Community Service Projects. This really helps needed people and children by providing them food and clothes

Aidan on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:20 AM
When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it. Thus that’s why this article is outstdanding. Thanks!

Abraham on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:22 AM
I must say this is a great post. I have read your last two blog posts on the same topic, those were excellent too. Keep it up and keep posting blogs on related matter.

go here on Friday, February 15, 2013 6:03 AM
The Parshall resource center’s main moto has been the betterment of people’s health and recovery. They have been helping families and individual person recover their lost happiness.